Is anyone else addicted to Pandora??
My husband, knowing that I love Christmas in a way that is both obsessive and unnatural, grabbed my iPhone from me on December 1st and added Pandora, choosing Christmas selections. I am HOOKED! I am, in fact, so hooked that I used up way more data space than I should have, playing it in my car (because I was playing it 24/7-oops!). AT&T had to send me an alert! Yikes!
Anyway, I was playing Pandora while in the shower, getting ready for a quick friend lunch when what to my wondering ears should play aloud but the Hallelujah Chorus. At first I was singing along heartily, then I just began crying.
It took me a little while to realize why, but I appreciate you being patient while I explain. The words, "and the government shall be upon His shoulders" were especially meaningful. The news is a little depressing nowadays, what with the economy, etc. You know. The government seems unable to right all wrongs, to fix all things unfixable, to help all nations. I begin to feel a little helpless watching all the talking heads bicker and argue.
The thing is, one day the government WILL be on His shoulders. All rights WILL be wronged, everything fixed, every eye dry, hope fulfilled. Everything in me says, HURRY UP! Let's do this! Swift justice! Peace on earth!
Then I realize that the reason God has not swooped in yet is because He is waiting. Waiting for those who don't know yet of His great love for them, the reason for Christmas in the first place. God knew that all of us down here didn't really know how much He treasures us. We knew rules and rituals, but not Him. So He showed us, through Jesus, who He really is. And how much He loves.
He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love
And wonders of His love
And wonders, wonders of His love!
Merry Christmas!
What is Pandora? I have to admit, I have no clue! :)
ReplyDelete