I am in training for a half marathon.
I started running in February on faith.
Now I'm running on fumes.
The soreness, the constant discipline, the mental fatigue. Running is hard.
I made my confession to a friend today.
My post is her response.
"Ok...so...it's time to be accountable. This is not about us...we are only the vehicle through which He will work/speak...well, and the one who will do the physical work. :) We need a plan. We've got 20 weeks. What is your plan??? :) Do you register? That's step 1. I'm getting ready to put training days on my calendar so that going to "that" lunch in "feb" doesn't throw off crossing the finish line in April. I'm telling the girls it's not about Mommy having to go run, it's about sticking to something you've committed to...making a priority a big rock...everybody working together to help someone achieve a goal...This is about God saying, "Go. Don't ask why. Don't question it's importance. Go because I Am." And ...well...now we've got to go!"
Don't you wish you had a friend like this?
Thanks, Kim. You are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment