I wrote my daughter a letter for graduation, straight from my heart. If you can relate, let's pray for one another, as we release our precious ones.
My dear girl, Graduation Day, May 17, 2013
Here it is, a day that has been long coming.
When you were born, I did not see it.
When you started talking, it did not occur to me.
When you turned four, insisted on picking out your own clothes, I felt a little of it tickle my arm, but I ignored it.
When we began homeschooling, I caught a glimpse, but it was as far as the horizon to the shore.
All along the way, the future has been waiting patiently, and I have been just has patiently putting it at bay, out of arm's reach.
Until now.
The future is today.
And here you are. Ready.
And here I am. Not ready.
Please know that I am happy for you.
Please know that I am always here for you.
Please know that I will always, always, always love you.
But it is time for you to claim your future.
This is your life.
This is your time.
This is your graduation.
An ending.
A beginning.
Your beginning.
I am so proud of the woman I see.
I am so thankful for how God has worked in your life to transform you into a generous, caring, thoughtful woman of grace.
You are an inspiration to me.
I am a better person because of you.
And you have no idea how greatly you will be missed in my life.
However, you also have no idea what a huge blessing you are going to be in the lives of those who are soon to meet you.
Much has been given you.
Much will be required.
But you do not go off into your future alone.
Our Lord Jesus said, "I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you."
He goes with you wherever you go.
Even into the future.
And since I can't be everywhere you go,
I am thankful that I can trust Him with you.
When you were born, I did not see it.
But I am thankful that I have lived to see your future.
And I am so thankful to be your mama.
I love you so very much~
All my blessings and love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment