Begin at the beginning and go on til you come to the end; then stop.
-said by the King to the White Rabbit in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
As I begin my half-marathon training, I run for 15 minutes.
15 minutes?
I could do that in my sleep!
Are you kidding?
But then I remember when I first started running. That's about how long I could stay upright, not even running the whole time. I was going back to the beginning.
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
-Plato
This is where history is made, confidence built. This helps me remember that I have come a long way from where I began in the beginning. So I go back.
When a job went wrong, you went back to the beginning. And this is where we got the job. So it's the beginning and I'm staying til Vizzini comes.
-Indigo Montoya in The Princess Bride
This is training. When things get frustrating, overwhelming and depressing, go back to the beginning. Remember why you started doing this in the first place.
15 minutes.
I can do this.
As I ran tonight I was thinking about the beginning! Reflecting on how far I have come and how I did not think I would make it!
ReplyDeletePraise God for NEW BEGINNINGS! Merry Christmas, Kim. God Bless You All. Love in Christ, Gracie
ReplyDeleteSo true! And it is so great to hear myself say "it's only 15 minutes." and I can still vividly remember the day I ran my first 20 minute segment....bursting into real tears right there on the trail. And now it's easy. That makes my heart smile. He told me once He'd give me the strength I needed if I tried. He hasn't strayed from that promise not even once. He's so awesome.
ReplyDelete