Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dandelion Promises

Dandelion fronds followed me on my run today.
Lately, I have been lacking motivation on my runs. Seven miles seems a formidable distance for someone who has only been running since February.  I believe God has me running because I have to depend so much on Him through faith. It was obedience. It is now worship.
As always, I prayed as I began, thanking Him for health, thanking Him for an opportunity to live beyond myself. I rounded my first corner, the wind blew, and thousands of white puffs surrounded me. I sensed His presence and His delight immediately. My soul was strengthened. My legs were strengthened. And I was able to finish seven miles.
My Abba Father loves me so; how could I not return such love? How could I not respond with wonder? I am so blessed. And I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment