Friday, November 18, 2011

Wrestling to Worship

The last few weeks, I have had a hard time getting out of bed. Just feeling mentally and emotionally beat down for various reasons, including but not limited to future schooling for my special son (with the realization that I am so limited in my skills and he needs much more), finances (two homes, one income), and church planting (not for whimps). The victory at the time was that I relied on the law of my calling. I am a wife, mother and homemaker. I need to do my job.
Inside, I wrestled. Did you know "Israel" means "wrestling with God?" This gives me great comfort in that I feel like I wrestle often. Lately, my Abba Father has been gracious to lead me gently as I have been reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I could write several blogs about the miracles that have taken place in my heart because of her writing (she also has a blog: www.aholyexperience.com). Her book, in turn, led me to "For the Life of the World" by Alexander Schmemann. Wow. Anyway, through these books, through the power of the Holy Spirit, God has awakened me to a radical idea.
All I do is worship.
Getting up, making breakfast (even organic poptarts), sweeping, transporting my Butterfly-Daughter to all of her high school functions, all is worship. From the time of Creation, God blessed all things, all peoples. Every act is a response, every act an act of thanks and praise back to Him for creating us, creating our lives.
This inspires me. This is much better than law, than responsibility, than duty. This is grace, this is love, this is life. Why do we want to separate the Sunday-sacred and the Secular-Workaday? Does that make us more comfortable, maybe like we are in charge all week and we will let God have His day? No, just because God specifically blessed the Sabbath did not mean that all others day were not blessed as well as He blessed all creation. He blesses, He gives, He loves, He moves, He plans, He draws. And as we respond in faith, faith in who God says He is and who He says we are, we worship.
So tomorrow, I will rise. I will rise in worship.
All is worship for He is worthy.
He is worth my all.

1 comment:

  1. Good points to ponder! You made me think of a quote I once heard, "Where there is love there is no labor"! Everything done for the love of God.

    ReplyDelete